donderdag 11 maart 2010

break it down now



All teenagers knew this was true. The process of growing up was nothing
more than figuring out what doors hadn’t yet been slammed in your face.
For years, her own parents had told her that she could be anything, have
anything, do anything. That was why she’d been so eager to grow up,
until she got to adolescence and hit a big, fat wall of reality. As it turned
out, she couldn’t have anything she wanted. You didn’t get to be pretty
or smart or popular just because you wanted it. You didn’t control your
own destiny. You were too busy trying to fit in.

And now I have to stop because every time I remember this I have to
cry a little by myself. I don't know why something that made me so happy
then feels so sad now. Maybe that's the way it is with the best memories.

As much as I struggled not to think of him I didn’t struggle to forget.

People don’t change. They just find new ways to lie to you.


You can never control who you fall in love with even when you're in the
most sad, confused time of your life. You don't fall in love with people
because they're fun. It just happens.


To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intellingent persons
and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens
and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the
best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether
by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have
played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know
even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to
have succeeded.


I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the
walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I
want to see.

I thought I had it, I saw everything I wanted and I was racing for it...
then you walked away and left me staring in the distance, why were you
so perfect for me if it simply wasn't meant to be?


You can take away all these words, there's no meaning anymore. You can
take away everything; leave me lying on the floor, all those sorry's, we
can't go back to the start.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

the best