woensdag 2 juni 2010

none of us comes out of it alive.


I think I’ve finally realized something. When I ended it last time, I
thought it was what I wanted. I thought that we needed some time apart,
but when I saw you again, it felt as if my feelings hadn’t changed one bit.

sometimes there is nothing to be said. sometimes nothing should be said.
i just want to find someone who won't run away. someone to look me in
the eyes & tell me it's okay that things don't always go right. that this is
how life works, & how it will always work. that it's not going to be easy.
today, tomorrow, the next day, but it will somehow get better.

a best friend is someone who changes your life just by being part of it.
someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop. someone who makes
you believe that there is really good in the world. someone who walks in
when the rest of the world walks out. someone that knows what you're
saying when you don't say a word. someone you can look to in a certain
way, and they know exactly what you're thinking. someone you find
hardest to say goodbye to. someone who knows all about you, and loves
you anyway. someone who helps you through thick and thin. the first
person you go to when you need someone to talk to. someone you will
call to talk about nothing, or the most important things in your life. they
are the shoulder you cry on, because you know that they really care
about you. someone you would take a bullet for because it would be too
painful to watch them get hurt. someone that will risk their friendship
with you, just to make sure you're safe and okay. someone you can
always be around, and never get sick of.

I want you to look back & miss me. Miss everything that we experienced,
everything we’ve been through. I want to stand out in your mind.
And although I told everyone that we would always be together, I
know we won’t. But as long as I was the one that changed you, I know
it will all be worth it. In the end, everything is perfect. I want you
to look back and miss me. And one day, you will.

Everyone has that person that they go back to. Each time, they
swear it’s different, and they're done for good. But they aren't. They
wish they were, but the thing is, they can’t be. Because that person
they keep going back to, they can’t be completely happy without them.

yeah, but that's just it. I mean, the butterflies never seem to accompany
the right people. you know? the nice guys who are right for you, they
never make your stomach queasy.

The reason I am still so attached to you is because I never felt that way
about anyone. Cliche, right? Well, I'm serious. To this day, I would take
you back. I would take back all the lack of communication and all the
bullshit you pull. I would deal with your stubborn mind and closed heart.
Tell me why, out of all the prince charmings, why did I chose the most
uncharming of them all?

People don't stay in your life forever. Maybe he came in, you loved him,
you learned from him, and now there's nothing more for him to teach you.
Maybe your time with him is done. Maybe it's really time to just let him
go. If he has more to teach you, he'll end up coming back. When you feel
like talking to him, look up a new word that describes him in an
asshole-ish manner. Keep a list.

You are not boring or vain or simple or mean. You're colorful, complex,
and have a beauty that's all your own. And for the record, you are
infinitely nicer than they give you credit for.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

the best